Matt Otto is a Managing Director and Partner of The Otto Group at Hightower. With more than 20 years of experience as a financial advisor, Matt is a true fiduciary, legally-bound to act in his clients’ interests, who strives to provide optimal, cost-effective solutions.
Matt primarily focuses on comprehensive asset management and estate strategies for high-net-worth, accredited investors. He possesses vast experience in options trading, equity derivatives, both fixed income and equity hedging strategies, managed money, structured solutions, and alternative investments. Matt’s niche experience in the alternative investment space allows his clients to participate in more institutional-type investment models that perform differently than traditional retail asset allocations.
With a mission-driven and values-based approach, Matt aims to provide an excellent, memorable wealth management experience for his clients. His ultimate goal is and has been to give clients greater confidence in their financial well-being.
Matt is a member of the American Association of Individual Investors (AAII) and the Sarasota chapter of the Financial Planning Association (FPA). He holds the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) and Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP™) designations. He also holds his Series 7, 63, 66, and Florida Life, Health and Variable licenses.
Matt’s successful track record can be traced to his commitment and enthusiasm for his clients in addition to his various industry awards and recognitions, which include:
• America’s Top Advisors in United States - Barron’s Magazine 2001, 2012, 2013
• 5 Star Wealth Managers - Sarasota Magazine 2009-2012
• Wealth Managers of Florida Showcase - Newsweek Magazine 2010
• Best Personal Wealth Managers - Sarasota Magazine 2009
• Top 20 Wealth Managers in the Country- Bank Investment Consultant Magazine 2008
• Top 50 Financial Advisors in the Country #12 - Bank Investment Magazine 2002